5 Important points about Gutenberg WordPress
There is a buzz about the release of new WordPress 5.0 and with it came the Gutenberg. Some people welcomed it with open arms while others were not happy with it. But let’s gain some good knowledge about Gutenberg, so that we can make your life easy.
1. What is Gutenberg WordPress?
- Gutenberg was released with WordPress 5.0.
- It was named after Johannes Gutenberg who invented printing press.
- Previously you content was inside of one big HTML file, but now you can build your content precisely like you make a LEGO set: a straightforward set of instructions.
2. How do I use Gutenberg editor in WordPress?
To use the Gutenberg Editor in WordPress, first you must install the WordPress Plugin.
Using the Editor
- After installing the plugin, activate it, then Gutenberg will appear on WordPress admin side bar.
- Click on Gutenberg, to compose your first post, and them page will appear.
- To choose the new content type, add a new block.
- The Editor support the content types:
- Pre formatted
- Then after that new blocks will be added to the plugin.
- After adding the blocks, and then checking the blocks to see what you really want, you can click on the publish button to publish it.
- After publishing the post, the chances of getting the exact theme is very low as there will be compatibility issues with the editor.
3. How do I use blocks in WordPress?
Now here comes the main part that is using the blocks in WordPress. Here, you can create a quote by changing a single line of text.
There are blocks for other things:
- And a ton of embeds.
There are Reusable blocks too.
So, WordPress provides one of the coolest things and that is reusable blocks. If you had made a perfect layout for your blogs, then you can save this and can use as a reusable block.
You only must go to the Add Block -> Reusable to pick your reusable intro block.
4. How to disable Gutenberg editor from WordPress?
Gutenberg editor is found to be a default option in WordPress 5.0. So, there are some steps to disable the Gutenberg plugin from WordPress.
- To disable the editor, first step is Go to the “Snippets → Add new” in your WordPress.
- Then give your snippet a name and drop it in the following code.
- In the add ne snippet it will appear Disable Gutenberg.
- Choose the Only Administrative Area and then clicking on the Save changes and activate,
5. Is Elementor compatible with Gutenberg?
- Before knowing the compatibility between Elementor and Gutenberg, first let’s get to know a little about the elementor.
- So, Elementor blocks, a separate plugin can be downloaded from WordPress Repository.
- You can add elementor templates inside the Gutenberg with only one click.
- Comparing the Elementor and Gutenberg is like comparing Superman with Batman, as both have Pros and Cons. But we still need elementor while we have Gutenberg.
So, the new topic of the discussion is the WordPress Editor. With all the important points, you will get to know the all-pros and cons of the Gutenberg. You will get used to use this new cool block editor, but at the end, there will be a lot of cool possibilities waiting for you.